Sunday June 12th. I checked Hive 5 to see if the queen was out of the queen cage. She was. However, I was right, the cage had slipped down. But it was still attached to the frame - in fact, the bees had glued it on. They did a far better job than my masking tape. It was empty, so I peeled it off. I couldn't see the queen, but I was in a bit of a hurry, so I didn't look through the entire hive for her. I did notice that egg laying was going on, so I wasn't worried. Fed both new hives and Hives 3 and 4 with sugar syrup and closed them up.
Monday June 13th. I checked Hive 6 to see if the queen was out. She was. The cage had not dropped, and this time I saw her! The dot was really clear this time! (Reminder, I got marked queens in Hives 5 and 6).
I also checked Hive 4 (the one from the captured swarm) and noticed it was still only occupying 3 frames or so, and there were still not too many bees. When I looked at each frame, I didn't find the queen, and it looked like there were a lot of drone cells, suggesting only workers are laying and that the queen is missing. Hmmm. Wonder if that is what is going on. I will need to ask Allan.